Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wakeboarding photos




wow... these are pictures of me circa 2000 or 2001 or so...
I was at Shaun Murray and Gerry Nunn's house, and a girl on the boat had a real nice camera with a super tele-photo zoom lens. I look back at those days and they almost seem like a dream. Nowadays, I live in PA, I am in my late 30s and I am in the throes of parenthood. There isn't a lake anywhere around Johnstown. Well there are a few reservoirs and whatever, mostly used for fishing. No watersports scene at all in this region.

I miss those days.

I went wakeboarding on the Delaware river earlier this summer, but now I'm all sluggish and out of shape, and I can't do half of what I used to be able to do.



btw, I did the illustration on the board I'm riding in the picture
j.

1 comment:

Adam said...

that's so cool that you're riding your own model, or illustration, at least.

that's so trick.

i actually skateboarded friday night on one of the youth's boards. my wife kept laughing at me. that means i wasn't skating in an impressive manner.

a