Wednesday, August 30, 2006

skate shop logo





Here are 2 graffiti-inspired logos for the local skateboard shop here in Johnstown PA. I don't know yet whether he'll use them, but I had fun doing them nonetheless. I still skateboard, at age 35 (mostly at the local skate park), although I have salt and pepper colored hair, a wife, 3 kids and a minivan, and I know all the words to most of the Wiggles' music. Kids less than half my age are ripping it up, while I throw down the slow motion old school... well, my skateboarding heyday was in the early 90s, so I guess I skate more "middle school".
One thing is for sure, I'm not 18 any more.

I don't bounce back as quickly as these little guys do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe, REALLY nice logos!

jen said...

i really like the pic of you! LOVE the thickblackoutline! ;)

Blake Himsl Hunter said...

nice logos, the story is great too!

Ward Jenkins said...

Heh heh, I can relate to your plight, James! Although I never skated, I was a big soccer fan back in the day, and occasionally I like to image myself getting back in the game. But I know better. I'd probably fall apart.

weav0341 said...

Hey man I'm from Johnstown too, and I havent heard of this skateshop, I'm a skater aswell and I'm sick of buying decks and stuff online and ski-den doesnt have anything, where is this skateshop located?